The odds were certainly stacked against the Lees-McRae Women's Tennis Team this past Friday when they took on Catawba College. Due to recent injuries, the team played with only 3 of their 6 starters. Despite this disadvantage, the Lady Bobcats still played extremely hard against the polished game of Catawba. However, the valiant underdog efforts of the Lady Bobcats weren't enough to sustain a victory in either the singles or doubles match-ups. Catawba College walked away as winners on all courts after playing exceptionally well against Lees-McRae.
Look for more Lees-McRae Women's Tennis Action in the Spring 2007 season!
1. Kasey Mabe - loss to Lauren Fluegge 3-6, 4-6
2. Ashley Mayers - loss to Julia McKinzie 2-6, 3-6
3. Katie Hawkins - loss to Andi Binney 2-6, 1-6
4. Jessica Cline - loss to KT Rebadow 2-6, 1-6
5. Brittney Sherill - loss to Meri Cartmill 0-6, 0-6
6. Kimberly Lankford - loss to Ashley Wells 0-6, 0-6
1. Kasey Mabe/Ashley Mayers - loss to Lauren Fluegge/KT Rebadow 2-8
2. Katie Hawkins/Jessica Cline - loss to Julia McKinzie/Andi Binney 2-8
3. Kimberly Lankford/Brittney Sherill - loss to Meri Cartmill/Ashley Wella 0-8