Join us as we continue our Up Close series with our players.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
"First of all, the beautiful atmosphere of the land and environment definitely caught my eye. Second of all, I wanted to go to a school that nobody else from my senior class was attending. Also because of the fact that LMC is a small school. The classes have less students than that of a large university. The professors actually get to know you. It also has more of a "home" feeling."
2. What are your personal goals for this season?
"I am focusing on improving all of my skills, becoming a more confident player, and believing in myself."
3. What's your favorite tennis memory here at Lees-McRae so far?
"It was actually when we had a party after a match the weekend before fall break with all of the players and a couple of recruits. Coach Goode and his wife provided wonderful food and everyone actually got to know each other better as friends and not just teammates."
4. What is your favorite part of playing tennis here at Lees-McRae?
"Making new friends and the good times we have. Also the good feeling of being in shape and healthy from working out and practicing every day."
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career?
"My dad is the most influential person in my athletic career. He is the one who introduced tennis to me as a child. He has encouraged and motivated me from the very beginning to work hard and become a better player. He always tried his best to come to all of my matches in highschool and cheer me on, along with my wonderful mom."
6. What is your favorite thing to do off the court?
"Family is one the most important things to me in my life. They are the only ones that will forever be by my side and never abandon me. So my favorite thing to do is spend time with them whenever I can. That is why I often drive home on the weekends since I only live about 2 hours away."
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree?
"Criminal Justice. I plan to hopefully continue on to law school and become a very successful and wise lawyer who people look up to and respect."
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go?
"I would go back to a couple of years ago before my papa died of lung cancer. He was the most amazing and talented man I have ever met. I would have spent more time with him and learned his talents of carving, making his own instruments and playing them beautifully, and most of all learning the major dialect, tagalog, of the Philippines."
9. What is your favorite band?
"I could never choose just one favorite when I have so many! A few of them include: Lake Effekt, Chili Peppers, Goo Goo Dolls, Breaking Benjamin, Dave Matthews Band, and Oasis."
10. What is your favorite book?
"The books of the Holy Bible. Full of wisdom and truth."
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
"I would love to visit the Philippines where my mom and her family are from and I definitely plan to in the near future!"
12. What is one word that describes you and why?
"Hopeful. I have always tried to live by the quote "never give up hope". I always have hope for the present and the future. I have faith and trust in whatever God's plan is for my life."