The Lees-McRae Lady Bobcats tennis team lost a hard fought 5-4 match up against Lincoln Memorial University Wednesday afternoon. The loss drops the Lady Bobcats record to 2-6 this season.
LMU took the first doubles match with the Lady Bobcats responding to take the final two to head into singles play with the 2-1 advantage. Helena Sokolova defeated Ashley Mayers, 6-1, 6-0, to even the score at two, but the determined Lady Bobcats would claw back as Kasey Mabe disposed of Jennifer Pardo 6-3, 7-5. The home side would again even the score and proceed to take the next two for the 5-3 lead to clinch the victory. Kat Smith, (pictured top left), would give Mandy Mills all she could handle in the deciding match, however Mills managed to escape with a 7-5, 7-5 win. Cameron Joyce would defeat Nicole Combs 6-2, 6-1 in the final match of the day, ending the score 5-4 in favor of LMU.
The Lady Bobcats will be back in action Thursday afternoon hosting Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Conference foe Limestone College. Matches are set to begin at 2:30pm.
1. Helena Sokolova/Jennifer Pardo def. Kat Smith/Jenna Simpson
2. Ashley Mayers/Cameron Joyce def. Martina Rezic/Rachel Redmond 9-7 LMC
3. Kasey Mabe/Katie Hawkins def. Mandy Mills/Nicole Combs 8-3 LMC
1. Sokolova def. Mayers 6-1, 6-0 LMU
2. Mabe def. Pardo 6-3, 7-5 LMC
3. Rezic def. Simpson 6-1, 6-1 LMU
4. Redmond def. Hawkins 6-2, 6-2 LMU
5. Mills def. Smith 7-5, 7-5 LMU
6. Joyce def. Combs 6-2, 6-1 LMC