The Lees-McRae Lady Bobcats tennis team improved to 5-11, (2-5 CVAC) Friday afternoon, defeating Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Conference foe Queen's University of Charlotte. The loss was the first for the Lady Royals in CVAC play this season, as their record fell to 5-7, (4-1 CVAC).
After losing two of three doubles matches, as well as the first singles match, Kasey Mabe and Cameron Joyce, (pictured top left), won their respective singles matches to win. Without healthy players for two match, Queen's was forced to forfeit two matches allowing the Lady Bobcats to steal a victory from the third place team in the conference.
Up next, the Lady Bobcats will host Brevard March 30th at 2:00pm. The team will resume conference play hosting Anderson April 3rd.
1. Skye Powell/Lindsay King def. Kasey Mabe/Ashley Mayers 8-0
2. Merissa Rock/Vicki Gonzalez def. Cameron Joyce/Renee Roberson 9-8
3. forfeit LMC
1. Rock def. Mayers 7-5, 6-4 QU
2. Mabe def. Powell 6-1, 6-2 LMC
3. King def. Hawkins 6-1, 6-0 QU
4. Joyce def. Gonzalez 6-1, 6-2 LMC
5. forfeit LMC
6. forfeit LMC