Lady Bobcats Take A Bite Out Of Lady Railsplitters
HARROGATE, TENN. - The Lees-McRae College Lady Bobcats women's tennis team handed the Lincoln Memorial Lady Railsplitters its first loss of the season in a 8-1 decision Sunday afternoon.
With the win, the Lady Bobcats improve to 2-1 on the year, while the Lady Railsplitters fall to 1-1.
Gabriela Celi extended her single match winning streak to three with her straight set win at the number one position over Sofia Lopez Mimendi, 6-2, 6-3.
Lees-McRae swept all the singles matches with straight set wins.
In the doubles matches, the combination of Christine Vanard and Lyndsay Pegram defeated Emily Osborne and Jennifer Powell, 8-1, and Ashley Mayers and Jennifer Hawkins took down Melanie Smith and Mandy Mills 8-2. Lees-McRae's only loss came at the number one doubles position where Cameron Joyce and Celi fell to Mimendi and Ann-Sophie Inderherberge, 8-2.
The Lady Bobcats will travel to Division I UNC-Asheville on March 1st for their next match.
1) Gabriela Celi (LMC) def. Sofia Lopez Mimendi (LMU), 6-2, 6-3
2) Christine Vanard (LMC) def. Ann-Sophie Inderherberge (LMU), 6-1, 6-1
3) Lyndsay Pegram (LMC) def. Emily Osborne (LMU), 6-1, 6-0
4) Ashley Mayers (LMC) def. Melanie Smith (LMU), 6-1, 6-1
5) Cameron Joyce (LMC) def. Mandy Mills (LMU), 6-2, 6-5
6) Jennifer Hawkins (LMC) def. Katy Oliver (LMU), 6-2, 6-4
1) Mimendi/Inderhrberge (LMU) def. Joyce/Celi (LMC), 8-2
2) Vanard/Pegram (LMC) def. Osborne/Powell (LMU), 8-1
3) Mayers/Hawkins (LMC) def. Smith/Mills (LMU), 8-2
Pictured: Lyndsay Pegram