BANNER ELK, N.C. - The Lees-McRae College Lady Bobcats women's tennis team clinched a guaranteed share of the Conference Carolinas regular season title with their 9-0 win over the Converse College Valkyries Friday afternoon.
Gabriela Celi finished her freshman conference season undefeated with her 6-0, 6-0 win at number one singles.
At number two, Christine Vanard also finished the conference play undefeated with her 6-0, 6-1 win at number two.
The Lady Bobcats can win the title outright if Mount Olive drops their final conference match of the season to Limestone April 15th. Currently there is a three-way tie between Mount Olive, Erskine and Lees-McRae. The Bobcats are the only team of the three with an outright chance to be crown regular season champions because they hold the tiebreak over Erskine, who has completed their conference season.
Lees-McRae will travel to Division I UNC-Asheville for their next match on April 13th at 2:00 p.m.
1. Gabriela Celi (LMC) def. Lindsey Kelly (CC), 6-0,6-0
2. Christine Vanard (LMC) def. Rachel Wilkes, (CC), 6-0,6-1
3. Ashley Mayers (LMC) def. Lee Cantey (CC), 6-1,6-0
4. Lyndsay Pegram (LMC) def. Becky Elam, (CC) 8-3
5. Cameron Joyce (LMC) def. Jennifer Campa (CC), 6-0,6-1
6. Jennifer Hawkins (LMC) def. Mary English (CC), 6-0,6-1
1. Gabriela Celi/Christine Vanard (LMC) def. Rachel Wilkes/Lindsey Kelly (CC), 8-1
2. Ashley Mayers/Lyndsay Pegram (LMC) def. Jennifer Campa/Mary English (CC), 8-2
3. Atalie Teague/Cameron Joyce (LMC) def. Becky Elam/Jennifer Campa (CC), 8-0
Pictured: Gabriela Celi