Banner Elk, NC--In this interview junior Natalie Burns of Orlando, FL shares more of herself with fans of the Bobcats.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
Volleyball, snowboarding, the Biology Program and going to school out of state all played a role in my decision.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball?
I've been playing since 8th grade (7 years).
3. What are your personal goals for this season?
I'll strive to be the best player I can be (earn a position) and contribute to my team with a broader goal of a winning season.
4. What's your favorite volleyball memory here at Lees-McRae so far?
Going to the Sweet 16 my freshman year is the best memory.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career?
My coach from club who has coached me through all my hard times (since I was 15). Although she is in Florida, she even helps when I am off at school.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play?
You'd find me playing soccer, snowboarding, or doing track and field.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree?
Major: Pre-Vet, Minor: Wildlife Rehab. I plan to get PhD in Veterinary Medicine
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go?
I'd want to witness the creation of the universe.
9. What is your favorite food?
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
I'd like to visit Australia and New Zealand.
11. What is one word that describes you and why?
Competitive...I will always go down fighting to the end in every game or sport. My mentality is "Never give up!"
Natalie's Story … I am from Orlando, FL. I grew up a big city girl playing every sport I could get involved in. Now I live in a small country town called Chuluota. This is where my parents now reside which helped with the transition to the even smaller town of Banner Elk, NC.