Up Close & Personal with Lauren Dickover
Banner Elk, NC--A native of Las Vegas, NV, this sophomore is up next in the Up Close series for the Bobcats volleyball team.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
I loved the campus and everyone when I came to visit. Just talking with the coaches I got the feeling that this is where God wanted me to go. I still believe that after my first year.
2. How long have you been playing volleyball?
I've been playing since my freshman year of high school.
3. What are your personal goals for this season?
I want to come back stronger mentally and physically, push harder, and show how I can lead on and off the court.
4. What's your favorite volleyball memory here at Lees-McRae so far?
So far I would have to say meeting Katie.. I went through a lot of personal problems my first semester and Katie was always there for me. Also I played one of my best games the day I found out my grandpa died. I know he wanted to see me play more than anything.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career?
My high school coach and my dad have been the most influential people in my career.
6. If you weren't playing volleyball, what other sport would you play?
You'd see me on the tennis court.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree?
I have not fully decided if I'm going to major in Sports Management or Athletic Training. I would love to coach a club team with my high school coach. I would also love to go into physical therapy because I enjoy helping people who have so much passion. I have been though a lot of little and serious injuries and believe those people made me stronger. They made me realize how much I wanted this dream. I want to help people in that way. I am also going to minor in business.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go?
I would go back to my freshman year of church camp. That's when I became a Christian.
I would also go back to winning the Region Championships my senior year by beating a team we had not beaten all of my 4 years! It was amazing having my mom and dad there. They were the first people I ran to when we won. Seeing the joy in their eyes, I realized that they wanted it and worked just as hard as I did. They were so proud.
9. What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.
10. What is your favorite food?
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
I'd go to Australia or France.
12. What is one word that describes you and why?