Banner Elk, NC--A native of Clayton, NC this sophomore continues to run well for the Bobcats as she pursues her degree in Biology/Pre-Health. Join us today as we continue our Up Close series with her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The small class sizes and small college population, the beautiful scenery and location in NC, not too far from home, and a lot to be active in on campus all played a role in my decisionto come to LMC.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to beat my personal record of 21:21.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite memory is driving to Florida as a team to see Dana Lindholm run at Nationals last fall.
4. What is your favorite part of cross country here at Lees-McRae? The team unity is my favorite part. We are stronger as a group this year.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My high school coaches have been... Thomas Coughlin and John Fabor.
6. If you weren't a runner, what other sport would you play? I'd be swimming or playing tennis.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Biology/Pre-Med. I plan to go to graduate school and get my dental degree.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? The 1950's. I love the records and the music, the cars and the clothes. It was a cool era.
9. What is your favorite band? The Beatles, Jack Johnson, Colbie Caillat
10. What is your favorite book? Harry Potter and anything written by Nicholas Sparks or Jodi Picoult rank up high.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to visit Italy or England.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Unique... there is only one me!
Karyn's Story…I am 19 years old and from Clayton, NC. I am the daughter of a US Marine and very proud of that. I love LP records and old music. I like to take pictures everywhere I go. I like ballroom dancing and shopping. I want to become a dentist and own a Weimaraner one day.