Up Close & Personal with Gina Valenti
Banner Elk, NC--Join us today as we continue our Up Close series of interviews with sophomore Gina Valenti of Washington, NC.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I came to LMC because everyone was warm and welcoming, I felt like I was home. In addition, everyone was helpful, Coach's goals appealed to me, and they had an excellent reputation for Athletic Training.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? My personal goals are to break 19:30, become a stronger person both physically and mentally for my races, and lead by example.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite memory is everyday here, whether it is an interesting conversation, going swimming at sliding rock, or just watching a movie and making cookies.
4. What is your favorite part of cross country here at Lees-McRae? My favorite part of XC is the family we are.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has been most influential because he was my coach when no one else was.
6. If you weren't a runner, what other sport would you play? I would swim, but since LMC doesn't have a team, I would play volleyball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I am in Athletic Training and I plan to work with a small college or a pro sports team, possibly an Olympic running team.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would travel back to when we still had wilderness.
9. What is your favorite band? I like Fleetwood Mac.
10. What is your favorite book? I like Harry Potter.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would love to visit Italy.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Colorful describes me because I love a wide range of music and movie; I love the outdoors and getting dirty; I am game for just about anything.