Banner Elk, NC--Join us today as we interview one of the two upperclassmen on the Bobcats cross country team. Junior Demarea Colson comes to Lees-McRae from Chesapeke, VA.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I thought that Lmc would be a place for me to grow as a young lady, learn a couple of lessons about life and to further my education. The atmosphere is another reason why I am here. Also, Coach McPhail and a couple of other people made it affordable.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? My personal goals this season are to run under 20:20 and to become mentally and physically stronger than I have ever been before. I want to become a better leader to the ladies on the team.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? I have been here for a while but there is no favorite memory because we has a team make new moments everyday...from the bus rides, to the track, to just hanging out in the cafe, to making coach laugh when he tries to act mad. We are just a crazy bunch of kids.
4. What is your favorite part of cross country here at Lees-McRae? My favorite part is being with the silly girls and all the interesting conversations that we have.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My mother has always told me that I would be a great runner.
6. If you weren't a runner, what other sport would you play? I would dominate in tennis, so watch out! I'm up for the challenge.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I am majoring is Biology with a minor in Psychology.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? Um...I would want to travel to the 80's because of the clothes and the hair styles and for the....EARRINGS!
9. What is your favorite band? I don't have a favorite band...Oh wait ...System Of the Damn.
10. What is your favorite book? The Diary of Anne Frank
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would visit Africa.
12. What is one word that describes you and
Different....I would say that because you never know what you will hear out of my mouth, my views on things, how silly I can be , how real of a person that I am. I'm just all over the place but I'm loved and understood.