Up Close & Personal with Anna Gray
Banner Elk, NC--A native of Florida, Anna Gray attended Hernando High School before arriving in Banner Elk this fall. Join us today as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The snowboarding opportunities and the friendly environment weighed in my decision.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to contribute to the team the best that I can.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Team trips to distant races are my favorite.
4. What is your favorite part of cross country here at Lees-McRae? The new friendships I've made with my teammates.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? Ernie Chatman
6. If you weren't a runner, what other sport would you play? I would play soccer.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I'd like to possibly major in Performing Arts with a focus in Technical Theatre.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? The 1920's sounded like a pretty fun time. Swing dancing is pretty fun.
9. What is your favorite band? The Used
10. What is your favorite book? I really like all books by Chuck Palahniuk
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to travel to Berlin.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Indecisive... I can't decide on anything else.
Anna's Story… I was born in Tampa, FL. After about a year my parents decided to move to Brooksville, a small town a little north of Tampa, with my older brother and sisters and me. I played soccer a lot as a little kid, then in middle school I started running track and joined the band. When I got into high school I continued band in the percussion section and started running cross country. I was in the band and ran cross country and track all throughout high school. I started working in the theatre at my high school my sophomore year and it quickly became one of my favorite places to be. My senior year a few coaches from schools around Florida tried recruiting me, but I decided to run here.